Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Day at the Park

As is tradition at Smunch and Mam's school, all the grades except kindergarten have a day at the park to celebrate the end of the year. They walk to the park from school and arrive to find a wonderland of fun activities to occupy them for the rest of the day. I chose to help set up said wonderland, which gives me the fun opportunity to see the funny orange snake of children come in from the street and slither across the park. Watching them arrive is one of the highlights for me.And then the fun and games begin, not ending 'til it's time to go home for the day. I don't have a lot to say about the festivities (and it would be dead boring if I did), so I'll let the photos and their captions speak for themselves.
{A little ball play}

{Some opportunities for cooperative building}

{Hula hoop relay...standing next to his teacher}

{A whole different kind of ball play}

{A little volleyball}

{Getting a marshmallow handoff from buddy, Connor}

{Whole class silliness}

{Waiting anxiously for Splash Ball to begin}

{The wettest and most fun part of the afternoon for all!}

No comments: