Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Like the new look? I thought it was time for a change and somehow the previous template didn't feel so much like me. The photos look prettier on this dark background too.

So, it's spring, which means we were due for a massive gardening weekend. It turned out to be this weekend. Daddy repaired the raised beds in the garden a couple of weeks ago, so it was obviously time for me to make a trip to the nursery. I spared Daddy the torture of watching me impulsively buy as many little seedlings as I can possibly squeeze into the garden...and a few more just for fun. The fact that I spent less than $100 on plants was considered a major success.
I love this time of year. And it's not just because I get to go crazy the plant store. I love planting all those little seedlings and seeing all the new color in the garden. It's so fun to envision everything growing into a crazy, beautiful mass of colorful veggies and great big flowers.
It rarely turns out that way, of course! All the promise of the season has yet to meet my black thumb at this point. I think the snails could hear all that digging and their slimey little mouths started watering. I've created a virtual gastropod buffet. I love them that much.

I'm tired. I'm probably a little sunburned despite slathering myself in sunblock. The driplines are in. The Sluggo is on. And yeah, I'll be out there tomorrow inspecting everything over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am *so* jealous. I can't wait to start digging in the dirt and to create my very own "virtual gastropod buffet." I've even considered sneaking into the new house's back yard at night just to get started on my spring gardening. :>)

BTW...love the new look. Very "fresh."