Friday, December 14, 2007

Sitting with Santa


I love taking the kids to see Santa. I mean, yeah, it's kind of a pain to get them dressed up for a photo, but they're so jazzed about the whole thing. This year, Smunch and I had this odd little conversation as we pulled into the parking garage at the mall for our annual Santa visit.

Smunch: Is he the
only Santa?
Me: Yes. He's the only Santa at the mall.
Smunch: But are there other Santas at other malls?
Me: Yes. There are other Santas at other malls. (I'm a lousy liar.)

That seemed to be acceptable. Good.

This year, Smunch asked Santa for a bike without training wheels. Having mastered riding his ridiculously tiny bike with 12" wheels without the training wheels, it seemed the least Santa could do would be to bring the kid a new bike.

Mam asked for a "pony set". I hope Santa knows what a pony set is because I'm not actually clear on that, but I have a feeling Santa's gonna come through on this one!

And here is a compilation of our Santa photos from the last few years. In 2002 and 2003, I was way too paranoid about germs to get photos taken with Santa. In 2005, Mam was scared of Santa. I'm so glad they're both going to be excited about him for another couple of years. And geez, who's that blonde little girl anyway? I coulda sworn she had dark hair!

No comments: