Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stating the Obvious

Remember the rainbow cake? Yeah, I know. It wasn't that long ago, but I've done a pretty good job of forgetting already.

Anyway, you may recall that I mentioned needing to bake two cakes to succeed with that one. That means I had a whole extra cake...which was three cake mixes worth. It was a really funny looking cake too. It was pretty and swirly on the top, but it didn't swirl all the way through. It mostly looked like a bizarrely mixed red and black cake. And, after the emergency frosting I made for the clouds, I had a whole lot of that left too. So at the end of the week, I got out all my extras and frosted my gigantic, extra, half dome of a cake. I even had some colored frosting left to decorate with.

I've eaten quite enough birthday cake, so this one was sent directly to work with Daddy. I figured it couldn't hurt to make the purpose of said cake patently obvious.

Daddy left me a message at 10am saying he was going into a meeting, but that the cake (which arrived around 9) was half gone already. By the end of his meeting at noon, the whole thing was polished off. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. I'm a little caked-out, myself. I gave the kid's cakes each a "courtesy bite" and left it at that. Ugh...gotta make another one for my class. :>) I know...Poor us. Too much cake!