Tuesday, May 29, 2007

'Piders in the Bathtub

Most nights, I end up sitting in Mam's room until she falls asleep. I just sit there and read my book in the rocking chair. Oftentimes, Mam chatters up a storm while I sit there. Last night's performance was particularly entertaining...at least for me. It went something like this:

Mam: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Mam. (slightly impatiently, since she's not supposed to be talking)
Mam: You nice to 'piders.
Me: Uh (trying not to laugh) thanks, Mam.
Mam: You find it in the bathtub. You no kill it. You put it in a cup. You take him outside. That's his home. You nice to 'piders, Mommy.

Clearly I'm making the world a better place with each spider saved from the drain in the bathtub...oh...and by creating a little girl with an appreciation for such things!

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

You are a wonderful Mommy. I am SOOOO not nice to 'piders. Of course our 'piders are generally pretty HUGE. They sometimes have luggage and wear shoes.

MommaWriter said...

I've *seen* some of the spiders in your part of the woods and yeah, they're seriously icky. But really...who wants the guts of seriously icky spiders all over the floor? There's more to it than a love of spiders, in my case. I really, really hate guts. Ick, ick, ick! And gosh, your spiders have *way* more guts than mine. Somehow, earwig and silverfish guts don't bother me nearly as much. I guess they're flat bugs. They've got minimal guts.