Friday, April 20, 2007

I Wanna Be Sedated

Smunch likes to listen to Andy Z, but he also likes to listen to "grown up" music in the car. I play a game with him to see if he knows who's singing. You've never met a 5-year-old with better ears for Gwen Stefani, Depeche Mode or John Mayer...not to mention The Black Eyed Peas and Kelly Clarkson. I've also taught him that if you listen to the lyrics, you can often figure out the name of the song.

Anyway, tonight the radio station was playing someone's request for The Ramones. When the song was over, the DJ went into his regular line about how that was the Ramones singing....

Then Smunch chimed in.

"I knew that was the name of the song! I knew it was called 'I Want a Piece of Data!'"

Uh, right Smunch. Pass the Valium, would you?

No comments: