Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Mam had a playdate this afternoon. And, as usual, it was a delightful playdate, producing two happy little girls who didn't really want to part company...and who were now dressed in matching outfits, including matching headbands, just because our guest was wearing that stuff and Mam owned all the same things.

But one of the funnier parts of the afternoon came during lunch. Our guest had noticed that I'm easily distracted by my computer and kept reminding me of things. "Weren't you going to make us lunch?" "Weren't you going to take our picture?" Well, why, yes, I was, but I was distracted by that blinky thing over there.

"Why do you have a computer on your kitchen counter?"

"Um, well, that is kind of strange, isn't it?"

"We have an office."

"Yes, well, so do we, but it's upstairs."

And, I'm a crazy lady who likes to get her e-mail the instant it appears. Because that's oh-so-much more interesting than fixing lunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're in company, Girl. The computer is the central focus for both Doug and me. I have been trying to wean myself for sometime. I have successful days and some not so successful ones.