Monday, June 1, 2009

More Baseball...and Less

Later in the week, after Smunch had recovered from the excitement of watching the Giants win at AT&T park, the Cardinals played their last game of the season. As usual, Smunch took it very seriously. Also, as usual, I was so busy trying to keep order on the bench that I didn't see a whole lot of the game. (Apparently, I was also too busy to notice that my white balance was off and my pictures were coming out blue.)I don't think it was one of his best, but he had a good time and although they don't technically keep score, he apparently emerged a winner. Maybe he was cheering because he made it to first base...or maybe it was because it was his last at-bat and the next stop was the pizza parlor.And the pizza parlor gets him one step closer to what? His trophy, of course! This is actually the first season when I could tell how much he loved the game and that he wasn't just playing for the end-of-season trophy. That doesn't mean he didn't have it on his mind though. Apparently, it wasn't really on my mind. I don't even have a photo of this year's offering.

The boys posed for one final photo... and then the season was over.

Baseball season is so much fun...and so much work and takes so much time. As sorry as I am that it's over, I'm glad to have our regular schedule back, even if we're headed into a really busy summer. And now? Now there's no keeping order on the bench. They're just a rowdy bunch of little boys again.

No comments: