I've learned a few things in the past week or so that you just might find handy, so I thought I'd share.
- If you ask nicely and the guy has hope of making a sale, yes, a BMW dealer will let you borrow a car for the weekend...even if you tell him you're taking it to Fresno.
- When planning a birthday celebration, do not invite all your high-faluting rich, conservative friends AND your down-to-earth brother who had to fly in from uber-liberal nowhere, Illinois. It wasn't ugly, but it sure was weird.
- Claiming an urgent need to go letterboxing with your 3-year-old is an acceptable way to exit a weird party quickly.
- One night on a bad, lumpy mattress can make you miserable for days...long past when you've recovered from your daughter getting up and jumping on her inflatable bed (in the same room) at 3a.m.
- Nothing is quite as priceless as departing for a road trip at bedtime, kids clad in pajamas, and having them sleep almost the entire way home.