Saturday, November 24, 2007

The big payoff

There are many...many, many times when I've questioned my own wisdom at having children. I mean, I love them and all, but gosh, they're a lot of work and gosh, I'm lazy. I like to sleep. I like to sit and read without being interrupted every tenth of a second by "What's that a picture of?" "Why?" "Who was there?"


So moments like this one are especially heartwarming to me. This was the scene I arrived upon when getting up one morning. They'd gotten Monopoly Junior out of the cabinet, dealt out the money and started playing on their own. We've finally made it! Kids who play want to play together. Not only do they play together, but they go out to the kitchen and do this on their own...quietly...while leaving us sleeping! I couldn't be more happy that I've got two of them, you know?

Next up, getting dressed before leaving their rooms!

No comments: