Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm Alive!

And I'm sitting down and breathing - two things it feels like I haven't done all week. Somehow, this week came on like a Mack truck. I'm not sure how everything appeared to converge on a single week, but it certainly felt that way. Monday was an orientation for volunteering in the computer lab at Smunch's school. Wednesday, I performed that very volunteer job. Thursday, I was back for my job as "literature docent"...which was mercifully fun and easy thanks to Smunch's organized teacher who handed me all the books the previous day. And today? Today was the day I went in to help the class make apple crisps.

I haven't even gotten started on the nasty, nasty cold Mam gave me earlier in the week. It peaked around Wednesday with a fever, a headache and an inability to breathe. Daddy had the same cold last week. Smunch stayed home with it (because it made him puke the night before) last Friday.

Oh, and did I mention? The Space Mountain cake...remember that? It had to be done today for a 10-year-old's birthday party tonight.

There was a smattering of unexpected freelance work in there too. It's been a short, insanely busy, multi-tasking kind of week. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that it's Friday. The weekend will be too short and I'll have to make up for some of the freelance work I didn't get done earlier this week because of the cold and the cake. But it's a weekend. Just the mere mention of it makes me relax just a little!

But I've skipped way ahead. It's been two weeks since I've posted. So let's go back to last week for a little while and talk about that...

No comments: