Monday, June 10, 2013

The Dwindling Spring


Spring is nearly over. I haven't felt a lot like writing lately, but it doesn't mean I haven't taken plenty of pictures. Since our camping trip to Pinnacles, I went on a short backpacking trip, Smunch participated in the Junior Olympics, we had a successful 5th grade Colonial Day, played lots of baseball, played lots of softball, Mam made the summer travel softball team, Smunch's PONY Bronco Giants won the Bronco Championship, while his travel team lost almost every game they played. Mam and I ran a 5K together...what a blast that was! Smunch played his cello on stage for the first time. I played my flute on stage, for the first time in 20 years...and possibly the last time, but I remembered how much I enjoyed it.

I feel like I'm drowning in kids' practices and sports right now, even as the school year quickly winds down. I'm praying for July... when softball finally ends...to rescue me. And since I have no real heart for the writing, here are some pictures.
Mommie N. and me at Pt. Reyes National Seashore for a more adventurous trip to Alamere Falls

Meanwhile, I  missed Smunch competing in the Junior Olympics. Here he is doing the standing long jump.

My little runner, who ran the entire 5K with me for Girls on the Run.

Turns out running with your daughter is pretty awesome. She says I'm too slow, however.


Mam finished her stint as a Neon Green Viper
I joined current students and alumni to bid a happy retirement to our high school band director, retiring this year.

My high school buddies on stage with our flutes.

Well, one of us appears not to have aged a day.

A happy little cellist preparing for his first concert.
And after this? He quit.

Mam, once again, tried out for the Nova softball travel team

The head of the cooking school and her little colonist

Who knew there were pickup baseball games during colonial recess?

Oh, and she made the team.

8U Nova winning their first tournament in Brentwood

The end of the Mavericks' season was far less joyful

A little something I did for myself
Eat your heart out, Justin Bieber. Smunch with Coach Jeff.

And this is where I realize that the PONY Bronco Giants really, really deserve their own blog post. Because they just do.

No comments: