Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Kidism #12

I'm fully aware that other kids are as hysterical as my own...at least to their own parents. But I don't usually post the things I overhear, probably because I'm not at home and I never remember stuff like that long enough. But today I was volunteering in the kindergarten room. One of Mam's classmates, a normally nice an cooperative little boy, was having a hard time, didn't want to do his work and insisted that his tummy hurt and he wanted his Mommy. I felt really bad for the little guy, even though I suspected he wasn't really sick (but who knows, right?).

When I was done with my group, I asked the teacher if I could take the little guy to the office for her. She said yes, then explained to him that Mrs. Ryder would take him to the office. He looked at me and grabbed my hand. Such a sweet little gesture of trust and appreciation, yet all I could think was, "No, no, don't touch me. I don't want your germs!" Seriously. I don't think I let on. We walked hand-in-hand to the office where I explained to the very nice office staff that I was bringing him over from the kindergarten because he didn't feel good. As the admin, Lydia, (not her real name, of course) took him back to check his temperature, I overheard this conversation:

Lydia: What seems to be the matter?

Boy: My tummy hurts.

Lydia: Do you feel like you want to...you know...throw up?

Boy: Yes.

Lydia: Do you feel like you are going to throw up right now?

Boy: No, I only do that in the car.

No comments: