Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The magic of glow bracelets

I admit I find glow sticks a little disturbing. I mean, stuff isn't supposed to glow. It doesn't stop me from getting the kids the occasional glow stick though...because the look of bliss on their little neon-lit faces is just so darned cute. They rarely get to stay up late enough that it's dark enough for anything to really glow. And it's always a long wait for the fireworks to begin on the 4th of July, so I didn't mind at all that my mom had gone out and bought a 50-count tube of glow bracelets for the kids to play with. Of course, it turned out that all of us were the kids and we all had a great time. It made for some fun photos too...
This particular package also came with connectors, so Grandpa made this cool little toy, which also made for cool photos.Twirling your chain of bracelets is also fun...although not really quite as fun as the main event.For anyone who just must have their own package of glow sticks (we're taking some camping), these tubes were on sale at Diddams for $3.99 (regularly $9.99). Worth every penny and more!

No comments: